These books, stories and reports have been published by the BC Humanist Association to promote a broader understanding of what Humanism is and what Humanists think about different issues.
Except for the books (which are republished with permission), these materials are published under our Creative Commons license, which means you are free to use and re-purpose the materials provided you credit the author or the BC Humanist Association.
The following books have been published or republished with permission by the BC Humanist Association. See each book for specific copyright information. The opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the BCHA or the Board of Directors.
- Creationism in Canada
- Letters to the Editor by a Modern Humanist - Theo Meijer
- From Servitude to Freedom - Khushi Ram
Everyone of our members has a unique story about how they came to Humanism. We are privileged to be able to share some of these with you.
The opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the BCHA or the Board of Directors.
Public opinion research commissioned by the BC Humanist Association.
Analysis and reports published by the BC Humanist Association.
- Separation of Religion and Government in Retrograde: The impact of star signs on BC Legislative politics
- A Public Good? Property tax exemptions for places of worship in British Columbia
- The Duty of Neutrality Beyond Saguenay: Unconstitutional Prayers at Municipal Councils in British Columbia
- Legislative Prayer Across Canada
- Pass or Fail? Comparing the performance of private and public school graduates in post-secondary education
- Decolonizing Legislative Prayers
- The Cost of Religion in Canada Part 1: Canadian Taxpayers Funding the Advancement of Religion
- House of Prayers Report
- Who reaps the most rewards? The landscape of independent school funding in BC
- What BC cities give religious property tax exemptions? A look at our data
- The case for Humanist Marriage in BC
- BC taxpayers gave $1 billion to religious hospitals in 2015
Letters, briefs and consultation responses to all levels of government and courts.
- Budget 2021: A Just and Secular Recovery
- Our comments on BC Budget 2021
- Enshrine evidence-based medicine in healthcare professions
- Budget 2020: A chance to advance a Secular BC
- End funding of independent schools - BC finance committee brief
- Humanists submit comments on draft political activities proposals
- Toward a modernized charity framework for Canada
- Ensuring choice in addictions recovery
- Island Health open to continued funding of faith-based care beds
- 1000 for protecting nonreligious rights
- Recognize discrimination against nonreligious
- Repeal Canada's Blasphemy Laws - Our Justice Committee brief
- Religious conservatives vs SOGI education in Langley
- BCHA submits arguments to the Supreme Court of Canada in TWU law school case
- Delta Police Interfaith Symposium is "endorsement by exclusion"
- Humanists celebrate end of Bible distribution in SD 27
- Silenced: How non-religious charities are being censored by the CRA
- BCHA asks Health Committee to end religious coercion in addictions recovery
- Fifty-four secular groups call for repeal of Greek blasphemy law
- Our arguments in TWU vs LSBC
- Amend Bill C-14: Restore the patient-centred approach
- BCHA joins global call to UN High Commissioner for Refugees to respect non-religious worldviews
- Humanists to Abbotsford superintendent: End bible distribution or permit atheist comics
- Write your MP to guarantee choice
- Use private member's bill to take god out of anthem
- BCHA calls on Parliamentary committee to enshrine physician-assisted dying rights in healthcare system
- Listen to the compassionate
- Poet sentenced to death for apostasy in Saudi Arabia
- Humanist veterans call for inclusive Remembrance Day ceremonies
- BCHA joins statement calling on Canadian government to aid Bangladeshi secularists
- Humanists call on BC Health Minister to adopt assisted dying recommendations
- Make Canada a safe haven for persecuted Bangladeshi Humanists
- BC Humanist Association response to assisted dying consultations
- Recognizing lawyers from TWU legitimizes discrimination
- British Columbians join bloggers, free speech campaigners, humanist associations, religious and ex-Muslim groups to protest Bangladeshi blogger murders
- BC Humanist Response to Climate Leadership Plan
- Religious advertising continues in Abbotsford schools
- FOI request reveals Bible distribution officially ended in Chilliwack schools
- Let Margot Bentley Die With Dignity
- Humanists oppose Kamloops pro-life banner
- Rescind anti-choice proclamation