It's just passed one year since Ian Bushfield started working again as the BCHA's part-time executive director.
In this time we've seen some incredible growth and brought forward some important campaigns. Most notably, we ended Gideon Bible distribution in Abbotsford, brought a secular and progressive voice against the proposed evangelical law school, were cited by the Special Joint Committee on Physician-Assisted Dying, helped launch a petition to repeal Canada's blasphemy law and exposed religious coercion in addictions recovery to the legislature's health committee.
On the community side, we've also supported campus groups, took part at Vaisakhi Day, Car Free Day and Pride, donated blood, raised money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and victims of the Fort McMurray fires, held a coat drive and are in the final stages of applying to sponsor a Syrian refugee family. And we certified our first Humanist Officiants.
All of this has been possible because of your continued support.
But this has only been the first year and we have plenty more in store. If you haven't already, consider setting up a regular donation to support our work.
• Stephanie Smith & Byron Wood - Religion and Alcoholics Anonymous
Sunday, August 14, 2016 at 10:00 AM
- Sunday Meeting: David Beattie on Down Town East Side Vancouver Issues at Oakridge Seniors Centre, Vancouver
Sunday, August 21, 2016 at 10:00 AM
- Sunday Meeting: Ian Bushfield on BCHA's Poll about Religiosity in BC at Oakridge Seniors Centre, Vancouver
Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 10:00 AM
- Sunday Meeting: Celebration of 95th birthday of Khushi Ram, senior BCHA member at Oakridge Seniors Centre, Vancouver
Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 7:00 PM
- Book club: The Mystery of Capital by Hernando de Soto at Goldis' home, Vancouver
Saturday, September 10, 2016 at 11:00 AM
- Adopt a Clinic Blood Drive at Canadian Blood Services, Vancouver