Yesterday we were at Car Free Day on Commercial Drive, raising awareness about our work and our recent data on the size of the non-religious community in BC.
Gord Leslie & Ian Bushfield at Car Free Day Vancouver on Commercial Drive.
We had a lot of great conversations with people throughout the day. The ones that stuck with me were about the need for supportive communities for families with young children and for secular ceremonies.
While we're still working to provide more family-friendly programming, we have recently appointed our first Humanist Officiants who can help recognize important life events. Please feel free to contact any of them or refer your friends.
Sunday, June 26, 2016 at 10:00 AM
- Sunday Meeting - Armin Navabi of Atheist Republic at Oakridge Seniors Centre, Vancouver
Sunday, July 03, 2016 at 10:00 AM
- Sunday Meeting - David Simpson on Free Will, Life, Death, Free Will, and Self at Oakridge Seniors Centre, Vancouver
Tuesday, July 05, 2016 at 07:00 PM
- Book Club: The God Argument by A.C. Grayling at Goldis' Home, Vancouver
Sunday, July 10, 2016 at 10:00 AM
- Sunday Meeting - Joyce Arthur on the Crisis Pregnancy Centers Scam at Oakridge Seniors Centre, Vancouver
Sunday, July 17, 2016 at 10:00 AM
- Sunday Meeting - Glen Brauer on BuddyTree and Social Isolation at Oakridge Seniors Centre, Vancouver