Last week we launched a petition asking the Government of BC to add "nonreligion" to the Human Rights Code.
We've already received nearly 500 signatures, which is a fantastic start!
To continue to build the case for this simple change, I published an editorial in The Tyee today where I set out the motivation for this effort. It's one of the most read articles on their site and I encourage you to read and share it.
Finally, if you've faced discrimination for being an atheist or not believing in god, I want to hear from you. Simply reply to this email with your story and if you'd be okay sharing it (even anonymously) publicly. Personal stories can be some of the most effective ways to raise awareness about the importance of changes like this.
This petition is the first step in our response to the province's effort to re-establish the Human Rights Commission. Keep up to date on our response by signing the petition.
On our website
Saturday, October 28, 2017 at 09:30 AM
- Freedom from religion and the end of petrol? at Quality Foods meeting room, Courtenay
Sunday, October 29, 2017 at 10:00 AM
- Sunday Meeting: Ian Bushfield - Humanism & the Paranormal at Oakridge Seniors Centre, Vancouver
Sunday, November 05, 2017 at 10:00 AM
- Sunday Meeting: Yasmin Akhtar - Are insects the best way to feed the planet? at Oakridge Seniors Centre, Vancouver
Tuesday, November 07, 2017 at 07:00 PM
- Book Club: The Armageddon Factor by Marci McDonald at Goldis' Home, Vancouver
Saturday, November 11, 2017 at 02:30 PM
- Let Peace Be Their Memorial 2017 at Seaforth Peace Park, Vancouver