Everyone who agrees with our Statement of Values and Principles of Humanism and who wants to play an active role in advancing Humanism in British Columbia is welcome to apply for membership in the BC Humanist Association. Members agree to uphold the constitution of the society and follow the Association's bylaws and policies.
Not sure if you are already a member? Check now
Nearly seven in ten people in BC are non-religious yet few are willing to publicly declare their atheism and agnosticism. There is a stigma to atheism that leads to a fear of ostracism from religious relatives, co-workers, and peers. Many others retain some "spiritual" or New Age beliefs that are founded on little evidence. And despite an increasing number of non-religious people, religion retains a privileged position in our society.
By joining the BC Humanist Association, you join a growing non-religious community that supports progressive and secular values. You will also:
- help build the Humanist community in BC and support campaigns for secular and progressive values;
- gain a support network that will be there with you in times of joy, celebration, grief and loss;
- receive email updates from the BCHA (otherwise available free of charge);
- have the right to notice of, and attendance at, Annual General Meetings of the BCHA;
- consistent with the BCHA’s bylaws, have the right to stand for election for and to vote for members of the Board of Directors; and
- receive a tax receipt for the full value of your membership, upon request.
Membership in the BC Humanist Association lasts for 12 months from the date of first payment. A Life membership does not expire.
We are continually expanding our programming to continue to support our members. Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to offer suggestions.
Consider also making a donation to the BC Humanist Association.