I'm writing this week's newsletter to ask for your help.
At our latest Sunday meeting, one of our members told us about one of the new participants in her single mothers' support group. This woman is a single mother with a one year old child.
The young lady in question has just escaped an abusive relationship and has had to move into a bare apartment. She requires furnishings but she obviously can't afford it.
At the meeting we raised a bit of money to help but she's really looking for the basics to furnish her new apartment. If you have something you can spare, please email me at [email protected].
Solstice Dinner 2016
Thanks to everyone who came out to this year's (early) Winter Solstice Dinner. We had 37 people share dinner and company and the lovely Pacific Institute for Culinary Arts.
And a special thanks to our silent auction donors: Shellina Velji, Carrie Chapman, The Drive Coffee Bar and Anna d'Archangelo. Because of their generosity, we raised almost $500 in the evening.
Sunday, December 11, 2016 at 10:00 AM
- Sunday Meeting - Video - The Humanism of Star Trek at Oakridge Seniors Centre, Vancouver
Sunday, December 18, 2016 at 10:00 AM
- Sunday Meeting- Joyce Arthur- Trumpocalypse vs Women's and Reproductive Rights at Oakridge Seniors Centre, Vancouver
Sunday, December 25, 2016 at 10:00 AM
- Sunday Meeting-Stephen Fry Live at the Sydney Opera House 2010 at Oakridge Seniors Centre, Vancouver
Sunday, January 01, 2017 at 10:00 AM
- Sunday Meeting - Video - The Best of George Carlin at Oakridge Seniors Centre, Vancouver
Tuesday, January 03, 2017 at 07:00 PM
- Book Club - The Feminine Mystique by Betty Friedan at Goldis' Home, Vancouver