As Humanists we are compelled to make our world a better place for everyone
The BC Queer Humanist Alliance is a supportive community of LGBTQ2S+ persons that connect over Humanism and that take action towards building a more inclusive, just society. This space is exclusively for people who self-identify as members of the LGBTQ2S+ community.
The mission of the BC Queer Humanist Alliance is:
- We work to attain full equality and social liberation of LGBTQ2S+ persons
- We are committed to upholding human rights and freedom of speech here and abroad
- We are advancing Humanist ideals through the exchange of ideas and participating in grassroots activism
- We are empowered to critique the BCHA itself, as well as broader society
- We create a welcoming and safe space for developing community and friendship
- We are striving to live fun, fulfilling and ethical lives
Join us for a monthly meetup to discuss solutions for issues that the LGBTQ2S+ community faces. Learn more about humanism, yourself and your community. Meet new friends in an inclusive and engaging environment. All BCHA members who self-identify as queer are welcome. Allies may be welcome if the entire community agrees.
Events are by donation and all proceeds go towards the running the Alliance and maintaining our community.