It's with sadness that we report that on December 22, 2016, longtime BCHA member Andy Serink died. Andy was a regular attendee at our Sunday meetings and will be missed. You can read his obituary in The Province.
A celebration of life will be held on Friday, January 6, 2017 at 2:00 PM at First Memorial Boal Chapel in North Vancouver.
You're also likely aware that actress Carrie Fisher died over the holidays. Fisher was famous for her role as Princess Leia in Star Wars but she was also awarded the Lifetime Acheivement Award in Cultural Humansim by the Harvard Humanists. Read their obituary of her here.
New on our website
Blog: The BCHA in 2016
By Ian Bushfield on Dec 20, 2016
Tuesday, January 03, 2017 at 07:00 PM
- Book Club - The Feminine Mystique by Betty Friedan at Goldis' Home, Vancouver
Sunday, January 08, 2017 at 10:00 AM
- Sunday Meeting - Joyce Arthur - Journey to the Burgess Shale at Oakridge Seniors Centre, Vancouver
Sunday, January 15, 2017 at 10:00 AM
- Sunday Meeting: Joann Robertson - Political Correctness at Oakridge Seniors Centre, Vancouver
Sunday, January 22, 2017 at 10:00 AM
- Sunday Meeting- Mattias Martens on Populism at Oakridge Seniors Centre, Vancouver
Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 10:00 AM
- Sunday Meeting: Metro Vancouver Alliance at Oakridge Seniors Centre, Vancouver
Sign up to receive updates from the BC Humanist Association
Do you like this post?