On Saturday, November 11, we will once again be co-hosting Let Peace Be Their Memorial at Seaforth Peace Park in Vancouver.
The event commemorates refugees and other civilian victims of war, who aren't normally included in traditional ceremonies.
The event starts at 2:30 PM and you can find more details on our website.
Nonreligious rights petition
We've reached 850 signatures for our petition to add "nonreligion" to the BC Human Rights Code. We're hoping to exceed 1000 signatures (or more!) before we submit them to the government on November 15.
If you haven't already, please sign the petition.
We have also secured an in-person consultation to give our feedback on the government's proposals. Having a stack of names behind our call on the table will help drive our point home.
On our website
News: Repeal Canada's Blasphemy Laws - Our Justice Committee Brief
Podcast: South Asian Network for Secularism and Democracy
Sunday, November 05, 2017 at 10:00 AM
- Sunday Meeting: Yasmin Akhtar - Are insects the best way to feed the planet? at Oakridge Seniors Centre, Vancouver
Tuesday, November 07, 2017 at 07:00 PM
- Book Club: The Armageddon Factor by Marci McDonald at Goldis' Home, Vancouver
Saturday, November 11, 2017 at 02:30 PM
- Let Peace Be Their Memorial 2017 at Seaforth Peace Park, Vancouver
Sunday, November 12, 2017 at 10:00 AM
- Sunday Meeting: Jerry Steinberg - No Kidding! at Oakridge Seniors Centre, Vancouver
Sunday, November 19, 2017 at 10:00 AM
- Sunday Meeting: Muju Naeem - Atheism and the Maldives at Oakridge Seniors Centre, Vancouver