It's a busy week for our efforts to promote human rights and challenge religious privilege.
This afternoon, I'm meeting with Parliamentary Secretary Ravi Kahlon as part of the Government of BC's consultations on its new Human Rights Commission.
I'm going to present him with a copy of our petition to add "nonreligion" as a protected class to the Human Rights Act. Right now that petition has 947 signatures but I want to have 1000.
Last week, meanwhile, we submitted a brief to the House of Commons Heritage Committee's study on systemic racism and religious discrimination. In that brief, we raised a litany of concerns around religious privilege and the importance of protecting the rights of the nonreligious in Canada.
All of this is made possible by your support. We're approaching the end of the year, so if you haven't recently, please donate to help us continue this work into 2018.
On our website
Sunday, November 19, 2017 at 10:00 AM
- Sunday Meeting: Muju Naeem - Atheism and the Maldives at Oakridge Seniors Centre, Vancouver
Saturday, November 25, 2017 at 09:30 AM
- Comox Humanists AGM & Flight from reason at Quality Foods meeting room, Courtenay
Sunday, November 26, 2017 at 10:00 AM
- Sunday Meeting: Sonia Milbradt - The new BC curriculum at Oakridge Seniors Centre, Vancouver
Sunday, December 03, 2017 at 10:00 AM
- Sunday Meeting: Dr Eddie Win - Myanmar and the Rohingya at Oakridge Seniors Centre, Vancouver
Tuesday, December 05, 2017 at 07:00 PM
- Book Club: The Allure of Toxic Leaders by Jean Lipman-Blumen at Goldis' Home, Vancouver