Yesterday we held our 2017 Annual General Meeting and I hope you'll join me in welcoming your new Directors:
- Donna Barker
- J B Bell
- Helio Da Costa
- Nigel Fish
- Gail Miller
These five join Colin Crabbe, Anna D'Archangelo and Dan Hanna who are into the second year of their two-year term.
Please also say a thank-you to Joann Robertson and Gord Leslie, who stepped down this year, for their support and to everyone who's served the BCHA in the past.
We also adopted our new Constitution and Bylaws yesterday and I'll be following up with everyone holding a household membership about our plans to transition to individual memberships soon.
It's always exciting when new faces join the board and I'm sure you can look forward to a number of new ideas and initiatives over the coming months.
New on our website
News: CRA recommends unmuzzling charities
A new report calls for a regulatory and legislative overhaul "to enable charities to fully participate in public policy dialogue and development."
Ex-staffers told HuffPost Canada that Senator Don Meredith forced them to pray with him and draft sermons while on the Parliamentary clock.
Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 10:00 AM
- Sunday Meeting: Gurpreet Singh at Oakridge Seniors Centre, Vancouver
Sunday, May 21, 2017 at 10:00 AM
- Sunday Meeting: Brent Cooper - Abs-Tract at Oakridge Seniors Centre, Vancouver
Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 05:00 PM
- Vancouver Pub Night at Mahony and Sons, Vancouver
Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 10:00 AM
- Sunday Meeting: Sonia Milbradt - Educational Fads at Oakridge Seniors Centre, Vancouver
Sunday, June 04, 2017 at 10:00 AM
- Sunday Meeting: David Moscrop - Populism & voting at Oakridge Seniors Centre, Vancouver