Last week, the Prince George Citizen published an incredible article about the Ness Lake Bible Camp.
It documents how the camp censors third party groups who rent the facility from speaking in support of LGBTQ equality. The camp has also barred one of its Christian volunteers from returning because of pro-LGBTQ Facebook posts.
The public school district is now considering whether to terminate its relationship with the camp. Local schools often rented the facility for year end activities.
It's a well written and thorough piece that highlights the concerns we continue to have with religion's influence on our school system. Going forward we'll be there to continue to support secular schools in BC.
Vancouver Pride Parade & Dyke March
Join us on Sunday, July 31 as we once again march in the annual Vancouver Pride Parade in support and solidarity with the LGBTQ+ community.
This year, in addition to our ever-growing marching contingent, we'll have a table at the Pride Festival on Sunset Beach.
New on our website
Saturday, July 30, 2016 at 11:00 AM
- Vancouver Dyke March at McSpadden Park, Vancouver
Sunday, July 31, 2016 at 10:00 AM
- Sunday Meeting: Puqun Li on Confucius’ Non-theistic Ethics at Oakridge Seniors Centre, Vancouver
Sunday, July 31, 2016 at 12:30 PM
- Vancouver Pride Parade at Thurlow Street between Barclay and Nelson, Vancouver
Sunday, August 07, 2016 at 10:00 AM
- Sunday Meeting - Graham J. Darling, PhD - Nature and History of Witchcraft at Oakridge Seniors Centre, Vancouver
Sunday, August 14, 2016 at 10:00 AM
- Sunday Meeting: David Beattie on Down Town East Side Vancouver Issues at Oakridge Seniors Centre, Vancouver