The 12-steps of Alcoholics Anonymous are steeped with religious and theistic language.
So it's quite surprising when we heard about an AA group for agnostics in Vancouver that was delisted by its parent organization or when we heard from an atheist who lost his job when he refused to follow a treatment plan required attendance at AA.
Tomorrow our executive director, Ian Bushfield, will be bringing these cases to the BC legislature's health committee and arguing for making secular and evidence-based recovery options the norm in BC.
You'll be able to read our full submission on our website tomorrow.
Vancouver Pride Parade
Join us on Sunday, July 31 as we once again march in the annual Vancouver Pride Parade in support and solidarity with the LGBTQ community.
This year, in addition to our ever-growing marching contingent, we'll have a table at the Pride Festival on Sunset Beach.
We'll have specific staging details closer to the date but for now you can RSVP on our website or Facebook or Meetup.
New on our website
• Creationism in the USA is here for the long run
• Humanist LORE - Episode 3 - Glenn Hardie and the history of the BCHA
Sunday, July 17, 2016 at 10:00 AM
- Sunday Meeting - Glen Brauer on BuddyTree and Social Isolation at Oakridge Seniors Centre, Vancouver
Sunday, July 24, 2016 at 10:00 AM
- Sunday Meeting - Tarkus Claypool of The Satanic Temple - Seattle Chapter at Oakridge Seniors Centre, Vancouver
Sunday, July 31, 2016 at 10:00 AM
- Sunday Meeting: Puqun Li on Confucius’ Non-theistic Ethics at Oakridge Seniors Centre, Vancouver
Sunday, July 31, 2016 at 11:00 AM
- Vancouver Pride Parade at Robson at Thurlow, Vancouver
Sunday, August 07, 2016 at 10:00 AM
- Sunday Meeting - Graham J Darling, PhD - Nature and History of Witchcraft at Oakridge Seniors Centre, Vancouver