You must be a member to vote at the AGM - check or renew your membership now.
Our 2018 Annual General Meeting will be held on Sunday, May 6, 2018 at 10:30 AM at the Oakridge Seniors' Centre in Vancouver. Doors open at 10:00 AM.
We will potentially have a web and teleconference option for those who wish to observe remotely. Details will be finalized soon and posted here.
The board will provide coffee and donuts.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS ELECTIONS
At our AGM, we will elect new directors to our board. The Board consists of 5-8 Directors, who are elected for two-year terms. The Board meets approximately every one to two months to oversee the governance of the Association and to set strategy.
If you'd like to run for the board, or just to know more, please let us know.
Under our bylaws and Board Elections Policy, to be eligible for election you must:
- be at least 18 years old;
- be a member of the BCHA for 6 months prior to the election (ie since Nov 6, 2016), a lapse in membership in the past six months is not counted against a your eligibility;
- not found by any court to be incapable of managing your own affairs;
- not be an undischarged bankrupt; and
- not been convicted of an offence in connection with the promotion, formation, or management of a corporation or unincorporated entity, or of an offence involved fraud, unless the court orders otherwise, five years have elapsed since any fine, imprisonment or probation, or a pardon was granted.
Our proposed bylaws do permit one person aged 16 or 17 to be elected as a youth representative.
Up to four members may be elected this year.
As candidates put their names forward, we will publish their profiles here.
A copy of the draft agenda will be posted at a later date.
A copy of our current constitution and bylaws and the minutes of our past AGMs can be found on our website.
Your membership must be current to be eligible to vote and to stand for the board.
650 W 41st Ave
Vancouver, BC V5Z 2M9
Google map and directions