Our Grassroots Humanist Events pilot project is a novel, member-led approach to building freethought communities. We're aiming to empower our members to host their own events for Humanists and BCHA supporters in their neighbourhood.
Whether you want to host a pub night, a charitable event, a discussion group, a book club or something else, we're here to help connect you with freethinkers in your community.
During this pilot project, we're starting with a small number of members who've expressed an interest in hosting events. Based on the success of that, we'll slowly expand the number of members who can create events before we open the system up to our entire membership. If you want to be part of this pilot, email us.
By creating an event, as an organizer you:
- Must have a current membership in the BC Humanist Association (and during the pilot project, you must be approved to host events)
- Agree to abide by all BCHA policies (including our Code of Conduct)
- Will only create events that promote Humanism or furthers Humanist ideas and that do not conflict with our Statement of Values and Principles
- Will only host events in a public venue
- Agree to waive any liability for the BCHA
- Will not host a partisan event or topics, that is anything that specifically promote or oppose a particular political candidate or party
- Will maintain financial records of any expenses incurred or donations received. Any donations received that exceed direct event expenses should be given to the BCHA
- Will receive approval from BCHA staff before promoting your event
***ALL SPOTS HAVE BEEN BOOKED***
Stay tuned for our next blood drive. Make sure to get your RSVP in at least a week in advance to reserve a spot.
The BC Humanist Association has partnered up with Partners for Life – a national program committed to saving lives through blood donations.
We’ve got it in us to work together to help contribute to Canada’s blood supply.
Come out for our blood donation day and put your Humanist values in action!
Not sure if you're eligible to donate? Take the eligibility quiz: https://blood.ca/en/eligibility-quiz