These books, stories and reports have been published by the BC Humanist Association to promote a broader understanding of what Humanism is and what Humanists think about different issues.
Except for the books (which are republished with permission), these materials are published under our Creative Commons license, which means you are free to use and re-purpose the materials provided you credit the author or the BC Humanist Association.
The following books have been published or republished with permission by the BC Humanist Association. See each book for specific copyright information. The opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the BCHA or the Board of Directors.
Everyone of our members has a unique story about how they came to Humanism. We are privileged to be able to share some of these with you.
The opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the BCHA or the Board of Directors.
Public opinion research commissioned by the BC Humanist Association.
Analysis and reports published by the BC Humanist Association.
Letters, briefs and consultation responses to all levels of government and courts.
- 1000 for protecting nonreligious rights
- Repeal Canada's Blasphemy Laws - Our Justice Committee brief
- Religious conservatives vs SOGI education in Langley
- BCHA submits arguments to the Supreme Court of Canada in TWU law school case
- Delta Police Interfaith Symposium is "endorsement by exclusion"
- Humanists celebrate end of Bible distribution in SD 27
- Silenced: How non-religious charities are being censored by the CRA
- BCHA asks Health Committee to end religious coercion in addictions recovery
- Fifty-four secular groups call for repeal of Greek blasphemy law
- Our arguments in TWU vs LSBC
- Amend Bill C-14: Restore the patient-centred approach
- BCHA joins global call to UN High Commissioner for Refugees to respect non-religious worldviews
- Humanists to Abbotsford superintendent: End bible distribution or permit atheist comics
- Write your MP to guarantee choice
- Use private member's bill to take god out of anthem
- BCHA calls on Parliamentary committee to enshrine physician-assisted dying rights in healthcare system
- Listen to the compassionate
- Poet sentenced to death for apostasy in Saudi Arabia
- Humanist veterans call for inclusive Remembrance Day ceremonies
- BCHA joins statement calling on Canadian government to aid Bangladeshi secularists
- Humanists call on BC Health Minister to adopt assisted dying recommendations
- Make Canada a safe haven for persecuted Bangladeshi Humanists
- BC Humanist Association response to assisted dying consultations
- Recognizing lawyers from TWU legitimizes discrimination
- British Columbians join bloggers, free speech campaigners, humanist associations, religious and ex-Muslim groups to protest Bangladeshi blogger murders
- BC Humanist Response to Climate Leadership Plan
- Religious advertising continues in Abbotsford schools
- FOI request reveals Bible distribution officially ended in Chilliwack schools
- Let Margot Bentley Die With Dignity
- Humanists oppose Kamloops pro-life banner
- Rescind anti-choice proclamation