The British Columbia Humanist Association has been providing a community and voice for Humanists, atheists, agnostics, and the non-religious of Metro Vancouver and British Columbia for over 30 years. We support the growth of Humanist communities across BC, provide Humanist ceremonies, and campaign for progressive and secular values.
We are a registered charitable organization. Our mission is:
- to promote the ideas and philosophy of secular humanism by all available means of education and communication;
- to serve the educational needs of its members and others of humanistic, scientific and naturalistic outlook, in a democratic, non-dogmatic manner free from authoritarian doctrine;
- to provide opportunities for fellowship, study and service at all levels of humanistic endeavour, and to advance the values and welfare of humanity in dedication to the continuing enhancement of human life through human effort and understanding;
- to offer and provide meaningful ceremonies to members and non-members at significant times such as marriage and death; and
- to elaborate and to express publicly Humanist positions on issues of concern to people, including values, morality and ethics.
We are run by a democratically-elected volunteer Board of Directors and a small staff. We are funded entirely by donations from individuals who share our vision for a world based on reason and compassion. Please consider joining the BCHA if you support our efforts.