[BCHA-Parenting] new to this

Lori baker bradloribaker at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 10:36:06 CDT 2012

I just wanted to send an email with a slight introduction and question.
I am fairly new to the idea of actually coming out and seeking
humanist/atheist websites, groups etc but have been more active in my
search lately as I want to prepare myself with some knowledge that is
accurate to pass to my children in the hopes that they will come to a self
awareness of their own beliefs of this world.
We've have recently moved into a new neighbourhood and many neighbours are
religious and church going while we are very much not. Also, my son has
recently started school (kindergarten!) and my daughter will do so next
year so I want to prepare them with some response to the question, "do you
go to church?" other than just no. Most parents don't seem to just accept a
no answer, unfortunately. My hopes are to explain things as an on going
process that is leveled to their age which is currently only  4 and 5. What
I am seeking is some books that cater to this age group with content that
explains that there is other beliefs/religions and perhaps some books about
basic morals. We have started a dialogue about feelings and taking
accountability for the way we treat others but every parent knows that this
is an on going process! Upon searching the web, there are too many choices
for such content to narrow down to just a few so I am asking if there is
any "favs" out there that I can review.
Thank for taking my question.
Lori Baker