The BC Humanist Association (BCHA) is seeking a Vancouver Meetings Technical Assistant to help us professionalize and produce our weekly meetings. The BCHA has been hosting a weekly meeting series in Vancouver for many years. Recently, the meetings have featured a number of prominent and fascinating local speakers. The majority of those talks have been posted through our podcast and some have been posted as videos online.
Title: Vancouver Technical Meetings Assistant
Part/Full Time: Part-time contract, ~10 hours per week
Work Location: Home, BCHA meetings (Oakridge) and regular meetings with the Executive Director
Compensation: $15 / hour
We are now looking for someone to professionalize the production of our meeting recordings. This person will be responsible for setting up the audio-visual at the meetings, creating audio and video recordings and producing that content for our podcast and YouTube channel.
This person should have experience with audio and video editing as well as social media promotion.
- Set up A/V at meetings
- Record meetings
- Edit audio and video recordings
- Post audio recordings to SoundCloud and video to YouTube
- Turn around finished product quickly
- Other tasks as assigned
- Experience editing audio and video (software can be provided)
- Understand the basics of websites, internet, etc
- Understand basics of SoundCloud, YouTube, social media
- Generally tech savvy
- Pays attention to details
- Take a task, figure out how to complete and deliver on time, know when to seek assistance
- Be proactive, use sound judgment, address things that need attention without direction
How to apply
The BC Humanist Association offers a welcoming and respectful work environment. The BCHA is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified applicants.
To apply, please submit your cover letter (including a summary of your qualifications, why you would like to work with the BCHA and what your contributions to the team would be), resume and contact information for three references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The position will start as soon as possible. Please include your earliest start date in your cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest but we will respond only to candidates who are being considered for an interview.