I don't have much more insightful analysis to add to the mountains of commentary on the results of the US Presidential Election.
What I will say is that it concluded the way it was run, with our core Humanist values - reason, compassion and hope - being set aside in favour of hatred, anger and despair. Dark days are ahead.
I'd encourage you to read what Humanist groups across the USA have said about their commitment to work together for justice, peace and the values of equality and human dignity.
We must be similarly vigilant here in Canada and in BC because it's folly to think that we are immune or above the racial resentments and the willingness to permit casual and egregious misogyny and bigotry that allowed it to come to this.
And I have to ask one more time for you to set up a regular donation if you haven't already so we're ready and able to keep fighting.
~Ian Bushfield, Executive Director
On November 30, we will be hosting our annual Winter Solstice Dinner.
This year, the dinner will be held at the Pacific Culinary Institute of the Arts at Granville Island. There will also be a small silent auction to help fund our work.
Protect Canadians' Right to Free Speech
The BC Humanist Association is proud to be one of the organizations associated with the launch of a new campaign to defend the right of charities, like us, to speak out.
Please visit ProtectCanadianFreeSpeech.ca to find out more about this campaign and what you can do to help fix our broken charity laws.
New on our website
• Ignorance won. Can we return to reason? from TheHumanist.com
Sunday, November 20, 2016 at 10:00 AM
- Sunday Meeting-Video-Maryam Namazie on Apostasy Blasphemy and Free Expression at Oakridge Seniors Centre, Vancouver
Sunday, November 20, 2016 at 01:00 PM
- Mid-Fraser Humanist Assembly: Discuss local issues at Room 303, Surrey Central Library, Surrey
Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 06:00 PM
- Winter Solstice Dinner at Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts, Vancouver
Sunday, December 04, 2016 at 10:00 AM
- Sunday Meeting-Stephen Fry Live at the Sydney Opera House 2010 at Oakridge Seniors Centre, Vancouver