Not sure if you are already a member? Check now
By joining and supporting the BC Humanist Association, you can help promote a society based on the humanist values of reason, compassion and hope.
Nearly seven in ten people in BC are non-religious yet few are willing to publicly declare their atheism and agnosticism. There is a stigma to atheism that leads to a fear of ostracism from religious relatives, co-workers, and peers. Many others retain some "spiritual" or New Age beliefs that are founded on little evidence. And despite an increasing number of non-religious people, religion retains a privileged position in our society.
By joining the BC Humanist Association, you join a growing non-religious community that supports progressive and secular values. You will also:
- help build the Humanist community in BC and support campaigns for secular and progressive values;
- gain a support network that will be there with you in times of joy, celebration, grief and loss;
- receive email updates from the BCHA (otherwise available free of charge);
- have the right to notice of, and attendance at, Annual General Meetings of the BCHA;
- consistent with the BCHA’s bylaws, have the right to stand for election for and to vote for members of the Board of Directors; and
- receive a tax receipt for the full value of your membership, upon request.
Membership in the BC Humanist Association lasts for 12 months from the date of first payment. A Life membership does not expire.
We are continually expanding our programming to continue to support our members. Feel free to email us at email@example.com for more information or to offer suggestions.
Consider also making a donation to the BC Humanist Association.
Note: The BC Humanist Association discontinued household memberships at its AGM on May 7, 2017. Anyone with a valid household membership at that date can have individual memberships applied to each member of that household by emailing us.