Fighting God is a firebrand manifesto from one of the most recognizable faces of atheism. In his book, Silverman-a walking, talking atheist billboard known for his appearances on Fox News-discusses the effectiveness, ethics and impact of the in-your-face-atheist who refuses to be silent.
Silverman argues that religion is more than just wrong: it is malevolent and does not deserve our respect. It is our duty to be outspoken and do what we can to bring religion down. Examining the mentality, methods and issues facing the firebrand atheist, Silverman presents an overwhelming argument for firebrand atheism and reveals:
- All religion is cafeteria religion and almost all agnostics are atheists.
- American society grants religion a privileged status, despite the intentions of the Founding Fathers.
- Christian politicians have adversely (and un-Constitutionally) affected our society with regard to science, health, women's rights, and gay rights.
- The notion of "atheist Jews" is a lie forced on us by religion.
- It is not "Islamophobia" to observe dangerous teachings and disproportionate violence in Islam.
- Atheists are slowly but surely winning the battle.
Fighting God is a provocative, unapologetic book that takes religion to task and will give inspiration to non-believers and serve as the ultimate answer to apologists.
David Silverman, President of American Atheists will be speaking at our Sunday, February 19 meeting at Oakridge Seniors Centre, Vancouver at 10:00 AM.
David will also be debating Alex McFarland on "Does Christianity cause immoral behaviour?" at the Chan Centre on February 19 at 8:00 PM.
Unless otherwise noted, the BC Humanist book club will be held on the first Tuesday of every month at a members home.
Please suggest books for upcoming months and invite anyone who may be interested.
Most books are available at the Vancouver Public Library or local book stores or through the BC Humanist Association.
4030 W 33rd Ave
Vancouver, BC V6N 2J1
Google map and directions